I am from Hong Kong. I settled in London in 1999. I bought this apartment with my husband in 2001.
I used to work as an accountant and now am a full time mother.
I have two lovely boys (7 and 10). They are a handful.
I love London. I grew up in Hong Kong. Hong Kong is a great city, but it does not have the sense of space and the variety of night-life you get in London.
We bought the flat for quite a few reasons;
1. The area is great, its very central, it's so close to many great sites in London. Hyde Park is only 5 minutes walk away.
Hyde Park is an enormous park, its got a a lovely lake called the Serpentine.
2. Food. We love Chinese food. Queensway, in Bayswater has got some amazing restaurants in it. It also has a huge range of other types of foods there (Greek, Thai, Lebanese).
3. Transport. Its so easy to get around London. The underground is just 5 minutes away. London Heathrow is only 15 minutes away by train, to Paddington railway.
4. Shopping. The great shops on Oxford street (the West End), Marble Arch
5. Finally, the flat is lovely. It's really big and bright. It's very spacious and it has a small patio garden.
We lived there for many happy years.
We had our two children there.
We now live about 5 minutes drive away.
Ray Ackrim purchased this apartment in 2001