Photos and Description of this 8 bedroom holiday home in Merigny - Beauchapeau number 4 and 5
The house can accommodate 13 people. The chalet is perfect for 6 people.
The house is located on the edge of a lovely hamlet overlooking the Anglin Valley, in a quiet area full of nature.
This traditional house (16th century) has been carefully restored. It has 5 adjoining parts. Two staircases lead to the upstairs.
On the ground floor there is
- a 25 sq.m living room with a convertible sofa bed for 2, an electronic piano, a mini stereo, a printer, 10 armchairs, a telephone;
- a 20 sq.m dining room with a fireplace, 2 extending tables and 13 chairs;
- a 20 sq.m kitchen with an island unit and 3 high chairs, a Falcon cooking range with 3 ovens and 5 vitroceramic hobs, dishwasher, fridge with freezer compartment, microwave oven, coffee maker, toaster, electric kettle, food processor, and pots and pans;
- a shower room with a shower, a 2nd shower room with wash basin, washing machine and tumble dryer, a 3rd shower room with wash basin and shower, and 2 separate WC;
- a 16 sq.m bedroom with two single beds and a door leading directly outside.
Upstairs, 4 attic rooms with a beautiful oak roof frame were made into bedrooms:
- 2 large bedrooms of 15 sq.m each with 1 double bed and 1 single bed;
- 2 charming 10 sq.m bedrooms with 1 or 2 single beds;
- 1 separate WC with sink.
Electric heating is included in the charges, within a reasonable usage. 2 water tanks ensure plenty of hot water.
Outside, the garden is well-kept with gravel, lawn, flowers, a large shady cedar tree under which 1 or 2 tables and 15 garden chairs can fit. The view of the Anglin Valley is stunning.
The chalet is close to the cedar tree, at the back of the garden. It is a former garage that we transformed into a charming house for 6 people.
On the ground floor there is:
- a 12 sq.m kitchen/dining room with a sink, an electric cooker, dishwasher, microwave oven, refrigerator, coffee maker, toaster, and high chair;
- a master bedroom with 1 double bed and 1 baby cot;
- a children's bedroom with 2 single beds, toys, and books for children;
- 1 separate WC;
- 1 bathroom with wash basin and bath.
Upstairs there is 1 double bed and 1 shower room with shower, sink and toilet.
The chalet and house can be rented separately, but as a rule we do not rent them separately at the same time (unless it is the same renter), so that the guests of the chalet or house can enjoy the lawn, the shade of the cedar tree and the garden furniture.
Details for holiday home The house, 8 Bedrooms, Sleeps 20, 5 Bathrooms, 5 Separate WC's
- children welcome
- non smoking only
- pets considered
- wheelchair inaccessible
About Véronique MAAS
After 30 years of marriage and hard work (my husband is an engineer, I am a French professor) and raising our children (our 4 children are between 20 and 29 years old), we wanted to start a new adventure: restoring a very old house in a region that we love, each for different reasons. Olivier is fascinated by the caves, the carved sculptures of Angles-sur-l'Anglin and other Magdalenian remains, whereas I am never as happy as when I am listening to the Gregorian chant of the Fontgombault Abbey.
Véronique MAAS purchased this house in 2011
Why Véronique MAAS chose Merigny
We don't just spend our vacations in Beauchapeau. We also organize meetings in various domains such as theatre, kitchen, philosophy, Gregorian chant...
You can also visit our website.
What makes this house unique
Beauchapeau is a magical place that can be the starting point for many walks and excursions by foot, bicycle, car or in canoe, and you can discover a region that is fascinating with its flora and fauna (the ponds of Brenne are beside) as well as its cultural heritage (the Fresco Valley, Saint-Savin, Montmorillon, Angles-sur-l'Anglin, Villesalem...all are nearby).