Le Cheval Blanc is a unique property, because it is kept in the old style. Quality materials have been used for restoration. The beamed ceilings, stone walls and antique tiles are original, but the comfort is modern.
The house was designed and furnished to let you feel at home immediately. The house is 800 meters from a very quiet and beautiful golf course. At the other side you have a phenomenal view over the fields till the horizon from the spacious sunny terrace.
When you arrive everything is settled. From bathrobes to spare toothbrushes, from wine to broth cubes, espresso coffee to firewood, from DVDs to games. The comfortable beds are made. What is not settled, we can arrange on request, as the first shopping or a delicious 3-course French meal on the day of arrival.
The large cozy kitchen (30m2) is the central room with an impressive beamed ceiling and an antique tiled floor. There, the 8-person table invites you to a long meal, games or a glass into the small hours. There is wireless internet. Even out of season (like Christmas) it is wonderful to be with family or friends to stay. The under floor heating provides comfortable heat and wood stove radiates warmth. Fire wood is in stock...
The kitchen is very recent and complete: double sink, dishwasher, Nespresso machine (with coffee!), a Senseo, a 5-burner stove, oven, microwave, refrigerator / freezer, etc. And if you like to cook: basic ingredients are there already and the knives are sharp!
The living room is bright and big: 36 m2 and have a radio / CD, LCD HD TV (82cm), with the Dutch channels, the latest DVD player (also Blue Ray) and wireless internet. There are fairly recent Dutch books, CDs, DVDs and games. The leather sofa has a lovely sitting! In low season there is heating and a wood burning fireplace to enjoy the flames. Through the double doors you enter the huge sun terrace / balcony (40 m2!) With fantastic views over the countryside and where nobody can see you.
The three spacious bedrooms (18-20 m2) are excellent noise isolated. There are double beds (2x90x200) with excellent mattresses and duvets. The beds can be placed apart. Closing the curtains keeps the light outside.
The bathroom has everything you would expect. Besides the bath there is large shower place (90x120) with a tempered glass sliding door. Double sinks in bathroom, furniture and a modern toilet make the bathroom complete. Outside the heating season the floor heating gives warm feet and a lovely temperature.
Next to the blue bedroom is a second shower with a glass door. It has as a thermostatic shower and two shower heads. There is a separate hot water supply for each bathroom so that it is unlikely that you out of warm water. Opposite this shower you can find the sink. Bathrobes towels and hairdryers are provided.
Practical: The house has three modern toilets.
Le Cheval Blanc is easily accessible by car: only 4 hours from Calais
The world famous Cathedral of Chartres, one of the finest cathedrals in the world in 45 minutes.
One of the finest golf courses in the area, the Golf du Perche is only 800 meters away.
- Quiet, you do not book if you want to play
- Low prices (18-hole green fee € 38, -)
- Golf proficiency certificate required!
- With wide fairways, easily for beginners
- For advanced players: long Par 5's, and sneaky sloping greens.
- In the neighborhood there are several other golf courses
For beginners and advanced and small groups:
Golf clinics by qualified English speaking PGA Pros possible.
Early reservation required!
- Marked car routes along old water mills, castles etc.
- The famous garden of Monet still exists and is accessible (100km).
- Marcel Proust Museum. The house described in his book 'In Search of Lost Time' is a museum (35 km)
- Nogent-le-Rotrou, Chateau St. Jean from the 11th century.
- In Arville (28km) is a Commanderie of the Templars, the buildings where the knights gathered for the Crusades. There is a museum about the Crusades.
- Le Mans (race track, great shopping, 1 hour)
- One of the finest golf courses from the entire area (at 800m).
- Hiking, biking, swimming, fishing, horse riding etc.
Brand new Wellness Centre at 20 minutes. Beauty treatments, massage, sauna, hot pool.
- Within 10 minutes all shops for everyday life and more.
- Huge supermarkets.
- Saturday morning a very large market.
- Not to be missed if you enjoy cooking and French life like!
- Fruit, cheese, meat, game, fish, artisan sausages and hams
- Bread from wood-fired ovens etc.
- High quality
- Residents of the region there are some with their own products. Pure nature.
- Easy restaurant at 400 meters.
- In the restaurant on the golf course (800m) you can fine lunch even if you do not play golf.
- Nogent-le-Rotrou (8km) has some simple bistros.
- Gourmet restaurant of Chateau de Villeray at 20 km. Kitchen on star level and a rare wine.