Photos and Description of this 2 bedroom holiday home in Semur en Auxois - LE JARDIN DU ROITELET
3 Star - Perfect for 2 couples or a family - baby friendly
* Attractive 300 years old stone house over 2 floors in Semur en Auxois
* Original stone walls and exposed beams give incredible charm
* Handcrafted staircase leading to the first floor
* Overlooks a leafy green park and to the rear has views of 4 medieval turrets and the ramparts
* Renovated in 2011 with all modern comforts including gas central heating
* Perfect for 2 couples, or a family with a baby/1 or 2 teenagers
* Enclosed garden with wisteria, old roses and herb garden
* An adjacent house is available for larger parties (property: 1405348)
* Open plan sitting room and dining area for 4 to 6p – ground floor (leading to garden)
* Fully equipped kitchen with gas cooking facility – ground floor
* Master bedroom with double bed, table and chairs, mirrored wardrobe with drawers, view of the ramparts and turrets - 1st floor
* Second bedroom with a double bed (can be separated into 2 single beds (to be specified at time of booking), shelves, desk and chair – first floor
* Separate toilet – ground floor
* Very light and modern bathroom, Italian shower – ground floor
* Laundry – exterior
* Wifi, dishwasher, washing machine, tumble dryer, hair dryer
* Top and ground floor safety gates on stairs + baby changing area – first floor.
* International Satellite TV, radio, games and books
* Parking space at front door
* Clothes folding table in laundry
* Garden furniture, deck chairs, BBQ
* All baby equipment available, cot, bath, high chair, plates, cutlery, beakers and toys…. (if needed please ask Patricia)
* All linen provided, ready to move in
* Bike rack, secure parking for bicycles
* 8 mins walk to town centre (medieval streets, river)
* Cafes for breakfast and bakers for your morning croissants and baguettes
* Central within vineyards of the Burgundy regions (Chablis to the North, Beaune and Dijon to the South) as well as local Auxois wines
* Many historical sites within easy reach such as Abbey de Fontenay, Chateau de Bussy Rabutin …
* Many local walking, riding and cycling routes (Canal de Bourgogne)
* Bike rental available near Canal
* Fishing (pike perch etc..) River and Lake in the Morvan
* Good swimming pool in Montbard for children and adults – 15mns drive
* English classes/French classes available at additional cost
Dijon - 80 kms about 1hr
Paris - 250 kms about 3 hrs
Lyon - 230 kms about 2.5 hrs
By Train - Station Montbard
Eurostar + TGV from the UK
Direct TGV to/from Paris Charles de Gaulle airport
Then Bus, taxi or rental car
Bus service to and from Montbard TGV station. Bus stop 20meters from the house
Hertz car rental available from Monbard train station (pleaase ask Patricia for details
Bus services to major surrounding towns
- children welcome
- non smoking only
- pets not allowed
- wheelchair inaccessible
About Patricia Bigot
Hello, my name is Patricia. I lived abroad most of my life, USA, Portugal... and I spend 12 years in the UK. I worked in Sales and Marketing in the IT Industry and I now teach English and French. I moved to Burgundy in 2010 and renovated 2 gites, I am also the founder of 123lang.com.
Patricia Bigot purchased this house in 2007
Why Patricia Bigot chose Semur en Auxois
I fell in love with Semur as a child, the house was a family property. I decided to renovate it and I hope you will enjoy it as much as I do.
What makes this house unique
This property is ideal for families with children or two couples. If you want to have a joint holiday with another couple or grand parents but want to keep your independance, then you can also hire property 1405348.
Guestbook comments from the owner
We thoroughly enjoyed our 10 day holiday in Semur en Auxois. What a delightful medieval town, looking like a fairy tale, it oozes French charm. The perfect base to enjoy the many enjoyable attractions in the area.
Patricia, owner of the property, is kind and helpful, speaks perfect English, which helped to make our stay memorable.
Semur has all the shops you could wish for, including a market on Sundays. Its charm, however, is in many medieval buildings and the lovely river that runs through the town.
On our first evening walk to the town, we were delighted to hear a nightingale right near the cottage. The perfect start to the perfect holiday...