Photos and Description of this 3 bedroom holiday cottage in Bath & North East Somerset - Manor Cottages
Two 3 bed courtyard cottages close to village train station. Each one sleeps 6.
Stable Cottage has three double bedrooms, one of which is en-suit. Two bed are king-size and one is a double and all have quality mattresses. The family bathroom has a full size bath with a shower over and the en-suite has a shower. Each room has a central heating radiator.
The fully fitted well equipped kitchen includes a dishwasher, washer machine, tumble dryer and a microwave. The dining area of the lounge has a dining table and six chairs. The lounge area has comfortable seating for six. This pleasant room has a limestone floor with under-floor heating and large patio windows looking out on to the courtyard. Often you will see rare and beautiful birds from here.
The Old Stables has 3 bedrooms. Two bedrooms have king size beds with lovely quality mattresses and bedding. The third bedroom has two single beds. The family bathroom has a full size bath with a shower over. Each room has a central heating radiator.
The fully fitted well equipped kitchen includes a dishwasher, washer/dryer, filter coffee machine and a microwave. The dining room has a quality dining table and six chairs. There are two arm chairs providing a quiet space for relaxing. The separate lounge has two leather sofas providing comfortable seating for six. There are glass bi-fold doors that open fully onto the courtyard where there is outside seating for two.
Both cottages have broadband Wifi and Free view television. There is parking for two vehicles on the courtyard, one large and one standard. All bedding and towels are provided.
Stable Cottage and The Old Stables can be found in Freshford which is a beautiful village at the southernmost tip of the Cotswold hills, about five miles south-east of Roman Bath and three miles west of Bradford-on-Avon. The excellent local pub and restaurant sits by a 16th century bridge, and Freshford also has a tiny railway station with hourly trains to Bath, which is a ten-minute journey, as well as numerous other destinations. There is an award winning local village community shop and café that serves lunch.
Details for holiday cottage The Old Stables, Freshford, Bath, Somerset, 3 Bedrooms, Sleeps 6, 1 Bathroom
- pets not allowed
- non smoking only
- children welcome
- Long-term Renters Welcome
- wheelchair inaccessible
My wife and I run this small holiday business from our home office just outside Bath. We own all
the properties we let and that currently includes two cottages in beautiful Freshford near Bath; one
one bedroom cottage just outside Bath and The Old Museum in Looe, Cornwall.
We have designed the business on our own experiences of travelling and staying in holiday
apartments. Here are our main principles:
• Be as responsive as possible to any email communication from the customer. We try to
answer all emails within the hour.
• Offer interesting, historic buildings in a beautiful and relaxing environment.
• Offer locations that work well without a car.
• Try to make the properties as close to a “home from home” as possible.
• Work hard to keep the standard of maintenance as high as possible.
• We pay a bonus to our housekeeper if the words “spotlessly clean” appear in a review.
• Make the business of booking as simple and straightforward as possible.
• Trust our guests.
• Provide enough information to enable guests to find the property easily.
• Make the check in as simple as possible.
• Provide a stress-free holiday from beginning to end.
Stable Cottage and The Old Stables have just been completely renovated and were finished in June 2014. They are located in a
truly beautiful quintessential Cotswold village, yet surprisingly close to the City of Bath. All our
previous experience has come together in creating this holiday cottage.
This cottage is for you if you:
• Enjoy the wonderful walks along the canal, rivers and beautiful Limpley Stokes Valley.
• Be able to get into Bath Centre within ten minutes, with or without your car.
• Explore Bradford-on-Avon, Salisbury, Glastonbury, Bristol, Wells and the many other towns
and cities that are within an hour by train or car.
• Relax and enjoy the peace of the English Countryside.
• Enjoy cosy winter evenings in with family or friends.
• Completely renovated in June 2014.
• Close to a lovely typical pub that serves good food and often has live music.
• Tiny branch line train to Bath, Bradford-on-Avon and beyond that sometimes runs on steam.
• Able to park right outside the property in secure location.
• Peaceful location in Georgian village.
• Award winning community shop and café.
• Close to many attractions, country house estates and National Trust Properties.
• Many things to do for everyone of all ages.
• A safe and healthy environment for children.
• No traffic issues.