Photos and Description of this 3 bedroom holiday apartment in Westbourne Grove - Large Bayswater London Flat
Family home with lots of extras not often found in rented accommodation
Minimum stay 3 nights.
For monthly prices please inquire.
3rd and 4th floors with views!
2 large double bedrooms and 1 smaller bedroom with 1 full size single bed and one small single bed (in addition there are 2 folding beds).
HOME FROM HOME IN LONDON
Location: BAYSWATER, LONDON W2.
Nearest tube/metro station: ROYAL OAK (c.3mins walk from the flat) Circle and Hammersmith and City lines.
Warm and welcoming, spacious 3 bedroom, top floor, split level flat which sleeps 5-9 including children. Period (1860s) terrace conversion in quiet street overlooking communal garden.
Sadly NO LIFT, so unsuitable for people who can't climb 50 stairs.
Depending where you are trying to get to on the tube there are 3 tube stations close to the flat (it is not clear from a tube map but Royal Oak, Bayswater and Queensway are all pretty close to each other.)
• ROYAL OAK TUBE STATION (200 meters) is the closest to the flat and gives quick access to Paddington, Baker Street/Regents Park, Euston/King's Cross.
• BAYSWATER TUBE STATION (500 meters) is the next closest which gives quick access to Kensington, Westminster & the river Thames.
• QUEENSWAY TUBE STATION is the furthest away (700 meters) gives quick access to Marble Arch, Oxford Street/Regent Street, Tottenham Court Road/Leicester Square & St Paul's Cathedral.
As well as the tube/subway there are busses from near the flat to places including: Marble Arch, Paddington, Victoria, Regents Park, Hyde Park Corner, Piccadilly Circus, Trafalgar Square, Euston, Camden Town, St Paul's Cathedral.
Everything is clean & ready for your arrival, just bring yourselves and your clothes! This is a family flat with LOTS OF EXTRAS not often found in rented accommodation. Clock radios, hair dryers, all linen, towels, etc. Basic toiletries, laundry requirements & foodstuffs so you don’t need to shop on arrival.
Large airy lounge with original fireplace. Unlimited BT Broadband. Incoming landline phone. European & UK free to view SATELLITE TV with films and some Arabic channels. TV with DVD player, printer & speakers for laptop, iPad dock, electronic piano keyboard, small selection of books, DVDs & box games etc.
Very well equipped kitchen diner with:
• Washing machine
• Tumble dryer
• Coffee maker
• Water filter jug
• Orange squeezer
• Ice crusher
• Ironing board & iron
• Lots of pots and pans, etc.
Everything you need for your baby or toddler:
High chair, baby recliner, travel COT, stair gate, changing mat, steam steriliser, potty, small toilet seat & plastic step, safety catches on windows.
One bathroom with bath, basin & shower. Separate toilet also with basin.
Two large bedrooms with double beds and folding single beds & space for cot (provided). Small bedroom with single bed and desk (could double as study), space for a folding single mattress bed.
Central Heating, hot water, gas, electricity & local taxes all included.
• Portobello Road
• Kensington Gardens & Kensington Palace
• Marble Arch
• Hyde Park
• Oxford Street
Easy access to:
• Heathrow Airport (via Tube or Paddington station [Heathrow express or Heathrow connect services])
• Stansted Airport (via coach from Marble Arch)
• Gatwick Airport (via Victoria Station [Gatwick Express service])
• Oxford etc. via Paddington Station and/or M40.
Airport collection & 24 hour arrivals access can be arranged.
Detailed description (room by room)
_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _
Located on the 3rd Floor: (Lounge, Kitchen, Toilet)
• LOUNGE: 2 original windows with curtains & views over quiet street & communal gardens. Original fireplace. 2 sofas, 2 comfy chairs, large stool which folds out to make guest bed, footstool, rug, coffee table, dining table with 4 chairs, 2 other upright chairs, bookcase with books, shelves with DVDs , occasional table for laptop, printer & speakers for laptop, electronic musical keyboard, flat-screen digital TV with integral DVD player, iPad dock, 4 table lamps, various ornaments & house plants, selection of boxed games. cupboard with glass jugs & drinking glasses, table mats, teapots, etc. Baby chair. Cupboard with tools e.g. hammer, pliers, screwdriver etc. Spare light bulbs & candles. Fan for hot weather and convector heater for extra warmth if needed. Newspaper rack, waste paper bin etc.
• KITCHEN: Large window with curtains. Table with 5 chairs & two folding chairs. Cupboards & drawers. Electric oven and 4 ring gas hob. Dishwasher, washing machine, tumble dryer, iron & ironing board, laundry baskets etc. Microwave, kettle, toaster, coffee maker, orange squeezer, liquidizer / ice crusher, small steam steriliser. Ample cutlery, crockery, glassware, tableware, cookware, bakeware, etc. to feed 12 and to cook and bake as if at home. Tea towels, hand towels, cleaning cloths, napkins, tablecloths etc. Pinafore & shopping bags, cleaning materials & laundry liquids, aluminium foil, cling film & kitchen towels. Fire extinguisher.
Basic foodstuffs are provided on arrival so you can make toast & tea, coffee etc before you shop. (If you e-mail us a list a week in advance we will shop for other foodstuffs for you - for a small charge.)
• TOILET: Large window with net curtain. Toilet & basin. Coat rack & space for shoes etc. House plants. Towels, toilet roll holder with rolls, bathroom scales, bins & laundry basket. Plastic step & toilet seat for toddlers.
Lower Corridor, Internal Stairs, Upper landing:
Doors, carpeted stairs, pictures, lights & fire extinguishers.
_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _
Located on the 4th Floor: (3 bedrooms, bathroom and upper landing)
• TWIN SINGLE BEDROOM: Window with blind, 2 single beds with duvets, pillows, linen & towels. Desk with cupboard & drawers, folding chair, shelf, mirror, clock, picture, desk lamp & table lamp. Large wardrobe with additional drawers.
Space for cot or folding single mattress for additional small person.
Under-bed drawers containing spare bed linen for all bedrooms.
• DOUBLE FRONT BEDROOM: Window with curtains, standard double bed with duvet, pillows, linen & towels, single folding bed with duvet, pillows, linen & towels. Dressing table / chest of drawers, small set of drawers, extremely large wardrobe, arm chair. Mirror, table lamps, picture, bedside lamps, hair dryer, clock radio.
Space for cot or folding single mattress for additional person.
• DOUBLE BACK BEDROOM (master bedroom): Window with curtains, double bed with duvet, pillows & linen, single folding bed with duvet, pillows, linen & towels. Chest of drawers, bedside tables with drawers, large wardrobe, chair, 2 small tables (suitcase rests). Mirror, table lamps, pictures, bedside lamps, hair dryer, clock radio.
Space for cot and / or folding single mattress for additional person.
Baby & toddler equipment is stored in this bedroom in the wardrobe and the cupboard above it including: Wooden folding high chair with straps & liner, travel cot with associated bed linen & blankets, baby changing mat, bouncer chair, potty, stair gate, bed guard rail, baby toiletries, some toys etc
• BATHROOM: Bath with shower. Basin with large under sink cupboard. Wall cupboards with toiletries. Laundry basket. Spare towels for swimming. Bath mat, non slip shower mat, shower curtain, houseplant etc. There is a large washing up bowl in the under sink cupboard which is big enough to use as a baby bath. Portable camping toilet in under sink cupboard for children's night time use. Basic toiletries are provided on arrival.
A refundable £300 GBP security deposit is required.
Notes to rates:
Supplements for Bank Holidays, selected other dates, short stays and large groups may apply.
N. B. List prices are for 5 people, (please add the applicable additional guest fee to the rates).
For stays under a week, add the additional guest fee (per person) for persons 7-9, the fee is £4-£7 per night per person above 5 depending on the dates and length of your stay.
For stays of a week 6 people add £35 to the total, for 7 people add £70 and for 8 people add £105)
- Long-term Renters Welcome
- Low Allergen Environment
- children welcome
- non smoking only
- pets not allowed
- not suitable for elderly or infirm
- wheelchair inaccessible
About Jan &/or David on behalf of Malcolm
This property is owned and managed by a family. We are not part of a company. Malcolm purchased the apartment in 1986, it was his home before his marriage. We sometimes use the flat ourselves. It is our home away from home.
Malcolm does not use the internet very much, therefore, Jan (his wife) and David (his son) respond to all online enquires. If you wish to talk to Malcolm about the flat you can contact him on +447762098267, but it is better to deal via the website with Jan &/or David who manage the flat and have up to the minute information. Jan's number is +447762098266.
What makes this apartment unique
PERIOD PROPERTY IN QUIET STREET with communal garden and lovely views (especially at sunset).
TRAVEL: 3 minutes walk from the tube [metro] station (Royal Oak - on Circle and Hammersmith and City lines). Bayswater and Queensway tube stations & Paddington main line are all within easy walking distance.
LOCAL SHOPPING & EATING: Waitrose (2-3 minutes) and Tesco (5-6 minutes) supermarkets and an array of small shops, coffee bars, restaurants etc are all very close. Whiteleys Shopping Centre (6-7 minutes) with high street brands is round the corner in Queensway. Portobello Road (Market on Saturday mornings) is 10-15 minutes walk.
TOURISM & SHOPPING: Close to Hyde Park, Kensington Gardens, Notting Hill, Little Venice, Regents Park, Lords Cricket Ground, Marble Arch & Oxford Street.
SWIMMING & OFFICE SERVICES: Porchester complex with pool & library (Internet & printing etc) is 2-3 minutes walk. Extra towels for swimming provided.
FOR YOUR COMFORT: All beds made up for you. Linen and towels ( including kitchen towels) provided. Coffee, tea, sugar, milk, bread, butter, biscuits etc on arrival so you can settle in before going shopping. Basic toiletries and all laundry products provided.
FOR CHILDREN: Excellent range of baby and toddler equipment available - stored away for groups without children.
Guestbook comments from the owner
A very enjoyable stay. Well equipped apartment and close to transport links. The gardens much appreciated to build snowmen! With warmest wishes for a successful 2013.