With pristine beaches, castles, sporting events & beautiful holiday homes to rent, try Wales for a ‘Med’ alternative at home
Don’t want to get stranded abroad again during your next getaway, or risk not getting away at all due to the volcanic ash cloud still hanging over our heads? Then book your holiday closer to home this year in Wales, a great destination that can keep the whole family entertained. With summer 2010 looking set to be warmer than average, a beach holiday in the UK is not only accessible, but also more affordable than ever, with hundreds of beautiful, great value holiday homes available to rent in Wales
on HomeAway Holiday-Rentals.
With beaches, sightseeing opportunities and activities galore, Wales is an ideal base for a cultural trips, water sports and outdoor fun. And with a number of festivities in the following months, including The Llandudno Festival of Music and Arts between 19th June and 17th July, getting away from it all ‘at home’ is easier than you think. Sports enthusiasts will also be spoilt for choice with two major events taking place this summer. The Three Castles Welsh Classic Trial, Britain's most popular classic car rally, is being organised in the attractive seaside town of Llandudno between 2nd and 5th June, while the 2010 FIM British Speedway Grand Prix will be hosted at The Millennium Stadium in Cardiff on 10th July.
On HomeAway.co.uk there are over 550 private holiday homes
available to rent in Wales. So take your pick from one of the properties below or search the site for more. Prices quoted are per property per week for the abovementioned events and correct at time of going to press.
Exclusive beachside chalet with panoramic sea views and beach access, Llandudno www.homeaway.co.uk/p730722
1 Bedroom, Sleeps 4
- This is a detached stone built chalet, situated in an exclusive part of Llandudno. Located within the expansive grounds of a detached beachfront house, the property allows direct access to the quiet beach. The accommodation includes a fully fitted kitchen, shower room and toilet, dining room and bedroom, all recently fitted with brand new furniture and equipment. Outside there is a private seating area which is ideal for barbeques and offers stunning views of the sea, mountains and the Isle of Anglesey.
£395 per week
Brand new serviced apartment in Cardiff Bay, close to Millennium Stadium www.homeaway.co.uk/p90482
2 Bedrooms, Sleeps 6
- This is a brand new apartment located in a brand new apartment block, on the river Taff, Cardiff Bay. The accommodation consists of two bedrooms, two bathrooms and a large open plan living area / kitchen leading to balcony. The apartment has underfloor heating throughout and provides convenient walking access to Cardiff city centre and the Millennium Stadium.
£499 per week
Holiday cottage in its own extensive grounds close to Cardiff www.homeaway.co.uk/p734571
2 Bedrooms, Sleeps 4
- The Deer View is a totally self contained, purpose built annexe of one of the Vale of Glamorgan's most prestigious properties. It is set within seven acres of private grounds and has unobstructed views across the private Deer Park and beyond across the Vale. Entering into the property, a few steps lead down into the living area, comprising of dining room, modern dining table set for six persons, and fully equipped kitchen. French doors lead out onto the private decked terrace, with fantastic far-reaching views across the Vale of Glamorgan.
£595 per week
Stunning converted barn in Swansea www.homeaway.co.uk/p419670
6 Bedrooms, Sleeps 12
- Offering spacious and comfortable holiday accommodation this barn conversion is ideally located to explore the southern area of Wales. Situated close to the Margam Castle and Margam Park, it is also within easy driving distance to the Afan Argoed Forestry Park. The property features a spacious dining room with gas ‘wood burner’ and wooden floor, a large farmhouse-style kitchen and a sun room with French doors leading onto the garden.
From £999 per week
Comfortable large cottage in idyllic rural setting, Conwy www.homeaway.co.uk/p407233
6 Bedrooms, Sleeps 12
- Standing in 14 acres of grass and woodlands bounded by the river Lledr in the Snowdonia National Park, this holiday home is ideal for large families and groups alike. The property boasts six spacious bedrooms, a well equipped kitchen and a living room with French windows opening onto an external decked area. There are sightseeing attractions in abundance which include numerous castles, old towns and villages, slate mines and mills.
From £1,550 per week