Tim Boughton, UK general manager said: “At HomeAway, both locally and globally, our focus is on delivering extraordinary results and we understand our success is down to our people and culture. To be recognised as one of the best small workplaces in the UK is a fantastic achievement and a reflection of our strong company values and great work environment. We are dedicated to attracting top talent and encourage everyone to be proactive and contribute ideas, both within their day-to-day role and to support the company vision. We are delighted that the success of our team has been recognised on a national scale.”
Notes to editors:
What sets HomeAway apart from the competition?
- Enhanced maternity, paternity and adoption leave and childcare vouchers
- Financial awards for exceeding expectations; Spot awards (£35), Night On the Town Awards (£75) and £2000 Vacationer Awards
- The corporate values were created through a collaborative, global program. Internal focus groups were conducted to determine the values most representative of the organisation
- HomeAway.co.uk has a multicultural staff, which encompasses no less than 20 nationalities, helping provide the knowledge needed at both local and global level
- Quarterly performance reviews and an annual staff satisfaction survey, along with regular line management and management-to-peer sessions and the HomeAway ‘Buddy scheme’
About HomeAway Holiday-Rentals
Based in London and founded in 1996, HomeAway Holiday-Rentals (www.HomeAway.co.uk) connects travellers with home owners and managers, providing access to a huge variety of great value, unique accommodation worldwide. The site has the largest selection of homes available online to UK travellers, with over 210,000 properties which travellers can browse for free and book with confidence thanks to over 200,000 independent traveller reviews. For holiday home owners, the site provides a simple, cost-effective way to market their property and manage bookings, with unrivalled worldwide exposure for a fixed annual fee.
About HomeAway, Inc.
HomeAway is the world leader of the online holiday rentals market, representing over 475,000 property listings across more than 120 countries. The company has contributed significantly to the popularity of the holiday rentals industry, making it easier than ever for both owners to advertise and profit from their second homes and for millions of travellers to find the perfect holiday rental. HomeAway operates sites in 11 European countries, including HomeAway Holiday-Rentals and Owners Direct in the UK, plus the market-leading sites in the USA and Brazil.
HomeAway is funded by Austin Ventures, Institutional Venture Partners, Redpoint Ventures, Technology Crossover Ventures and Trident Capital. The company is based in Austin, Texas and has offices in London and Epsom, England; Kassel and Frankfurt, Germany; and Paris and Marseille, France.