By adding your property advert to the Special Offer Directory you will get additional visibility on HomeAway.co.uk and the international sites included in your subscription.
Promoting a Special Offer allows you to get ahead of the competition. Property adverts on HomeAway.co.uk that purchase a place in the Special Offers Directory see an average uplift of 67% more enquiries
compared to other listings in the same region during the same period.
Since holidaymakers love a bargain, we've made it very easy for them to find property adverts in the Special Offer Directory on HomeAway.co.uk (other sites may feature differently):
- The Special Offers Directory is featured in our newsletters which go to millions of holidaymakers a month
- Our Special Offer Directory has a link from our Homepage
- Holidaymakers can filter the search results to find properties with Special Offers
- Property adverts with a Special Offer are highlighted with an orange band and a special icon in the search results
- Details of Special Offers are also displayed on your property advert thumbnail
- Your description of your Special Offer displays on your property advert
- Property adverts in the Special Offers Directory are also featured on our dedicated traveller deals page
How much does it cost to promote a Special Offer?
Your property can be added to our Special Offer Directory for between 2-6 weeks:
- First 2 weeks: £29 (€39)
- Additional weeks: £14.50 (€19.50)
Please log in to your account and create your Special Offer before purchasing.
How to get the most out of your Special Offer
Your Special Offer must represent a genuine reduction in rates (% or price) or an additional service.
The most successful special offers are a % discount or a rate reduction over a defined period of time which clearly state the saving offered to holidaymaker.
e.g. ‘50% off weekly rate from 28/11/11 – 11/12/11’ or ‘Was £99.00, now £57.00 until 15/02/12’.
Here are some techniques to help you get the most out of your Special Offer:
- Rate Reduction: A % reduction in rental rates for a clearly defined period of time. When you are offering a rate reduction it is advised to state the saving being made
- e.g. '25% off until 31/12/11, Was £120/week, Now £90/week’
- Price Cut: A clearly defined price cut for late availability and last minute offers
- e.g. 'Was £198/night, Now £99/night until 15/12/11’
- Incentivise Longer Stays: e.g. 'Book 2 weeks for £146, get the second for £73 until 03/03/12’’, or ‘50% off your second week until 03/03/12’
- Early Booking Discounts: e.g. '10% off all 2012 bookings if you book before 31/12/11’
- Additional Services: e.g. free car hire, welcome pack of goodies on arrival, free babysitting service
How to add a Special Offer to our Directory:
*Please note: Your special offer will not be displayed until you have placed an order and we have processed your payment. Therefore, make sure the date you want the offer to start displaying is at least 1 working day after the date you place the order Step 1: Create your special offer: 1. Login to your account 2 .
Select the thumbnail for the property you wish to add your Special Offer to from the 'My Properties' menu 3.
Click on the 'Edit Property' link under the 'Listing Manager' header 4.
Click on the 'Special Offer' tab (this will appear under the Units tab if you promote more than one rental unit) 5.
Click on the ‘New Special Offer’ button and fill out the relevant fields
When you save your Special Offer you will be taken directly to the shopping cart to pay.
. The Customer Support team are unable to create your Special Offer for you. You can only add your property advert to the Special Offer Directory once your listing is live or at the point of renewal.
All our prices are exclusive of VAT.