Spaghetti agli Scampi
Spaghetti with Prawns
"I often cook this dish when I spend the summer in my villa in Tuscany. In the morning I go down to the seafront fish mongers in the Port of Santo Stefano and buy the fresh scampi. I get home and start cooking this dish whilst savouring a glass of chilled white wine. I then sit down with friends and family below the vine covered pergola and enjoy it whilst admiring the view of the sea.'"
Submitted by: Alex Guthrie owner of property 98479 in Porto Santo Stefano, Tuscany.
Ingredients (Serves 5):
A cup of extra virgin olive oil
A clove of garlic
A handful of parsley
The zest of a lemon
A glass of dry white wine
How to cook this dish:
2. Cut the parsley and take the skin off the clove of garlic and cut in two, remove the internal part.
3. Place oil and garlic in a frying pan and fry until the garlic turns gold.
4. Add chili peppers if you want to make it spicy.
5. Add the scampi but first remove the heads and squeeze them into the pan. Don't throw away the heads but put them in pan.
6. After a minute or so add a glass of dry white wine together with the juice of half a lemon and its zest.
7. Stir fry for four minutes and add the parsley.
8. Add water to a three liter pot and two handfuls of rock salt and bring to boil.
9. Add the spaghetti (make sure they are durium wheat) and cook as outlined on the package.
10. Drain and add the spaghetti to the frying pan with the scampi, stir fry for one minute and serve.
A good Vermentino dry white wine and a summer salad with rocket, lettuce, walnuts and sunflower seeds.
Property 98479 is a charming five-bedroom villa built in natural stone, and surrounded by beautiful gardens with unforgettable views over the sparkling blue Mediterranean. With five comfortably furnished bedrooms and four bathrooms, Villa Lividonia invites its guests to sit back and enjoy their stay. Whether you have lunch under the pergola after a refreshing dip in the swimming pool or enjoy a relaxing drink watching the sunset, Villa Lividonia is the ideal setting for a summer holiday.