Make a holiday apartment in Dubai your home away from home
If you’re considering a holiday villa or apartment in Dubai then HomeAway has a wide range of accommodation. Dubai is an almost year-round destination offering excellent golf courses, beaches, shopping and visitor attractions. Little of what you’ll find here is more than 25 years old, so modern appliances and fittings can be expected at villas in Dubai. You might have in mind an apartment in Dubai next to the clear waters of the Persian Gulf, or opt instead for a holiday rental close to one of the Emirate’s golf courses. You can also define the guest facilities that you’d like your rental to feature – Dubai apartments often come equipped with pools, perfect for the desert climate, and internet access is also usually a given.
5 of our best rated villas in Dubai
- Dubai Marina & Al Sufouh Apartment, Sleeps 6 : Experience all the beauty that the Dubai Marina has to offer by staying in this luxury Timeplace apartment designed with your every need in mind. Located in the heart of Dubai Marina, this 2 bedroom, 2 bathroom designer getaway is highly prized for its modern accommodations and prestigious location near the elegant boutiques and fine restaurants of the waterfront.
Key Features: 2 Bedrooms, Sleeps 6 | Walkway to Water | Indoor Pool | Fitness centre |
- Palm Jumeirah 1 bedroom apartment, Sleeps 4: Heinke's Pad on the Palm is a 1470 sq feet apartment fitted out as our home It has 2 bedrooms and a small 'sleeping room' It is in the very best position on the beach side of the road .We are on the lower Penthouse floor(9th) and look down onto the 'private' beach and towards the Burj al Arab Hotel
Key Features: 1 Bedrooms, Sleeps 4 | Sea Views| Terrace | Children welcome
- Palm Jumeirah, 2 bedroom apartment, sleeps 5 : Casa das Flores is a single storey villa and the former 'show house' for this quiet residential development. Set in a third of an acre plot overlooking the first green of the golf course at Vale de Milho; approximately a mile and a half east of the popular former fishing village of Carvoeiro.
Key Features: 2 Bedrooms, Sleeps 5 | Luxury | Beach |
- Luxury Villa in Emirates Hills, 4 bedrooms, Sleeps 8: Luxury 4 bedroom villa in the heart of the the Springs district. Guests can enjoy the breath taking views of the lake directly behind the villa with direct access. On site parking, private heated swimming pool with jacuzzi and outdoor shower, Complimentary Internet access (Wi-Fi) and maid service included.
Key Features: 4 Bedrooms, Sleeps 8 | Villa | Waterfront | Family Friendly |
- Beach Villa in Palm Jumeirah: New High Quality furnished apartment close to beach & village. The large 28 sqm elevated veranda features a built-in BBQ, designer outdoor furniture, and enjoys stunning views over the rooftops of Burgau to the Monchique Mountains. There are 2 bedrooms, one double, one twin.
Key Features: 6 Bedrooms, Sleeps 12 | Pool | Luxury | Waterfront |
Things to do
-Shopping. Dubai is already world-renowned for its exceptional variety of shopping experiences. There are at least 15 major malls here, with massive examples to be found at Mall of the Emirates, which is home to an indoor ski slope, Dubai Mall, Mercato and Ibn Battuta Mall. For something a little more traditional you could head for the historic Gold Spice Souks.
-Beaches. Dubai offers plenty of stunning beaches, a number of which are connected to waterfront hotels and reserved for their guests, but there are also a wealth of public options to be found at locations such as Jumeirah Beach Park, Kite Beach, Jebel Ali Beach and the beautiful Mamzer Beach Park, which consists of five separate sandy stretches complemented by amenities.
-Visitor attractions. Over the past decade, a range of premier family attractions have been developed, like the Wild Wadi water park, with its wide range of slides and amusements. You could also visit the Burj Khalifa, the tallest building on the planet – the observation deck is little more than halfway up the structure, but is still the world’s highest open deck.
-Golf. If golf is your game then you wont be short of options on holiday at a villa in Dubai – it is emerging as a top destination for the region and is host to some important events on the pro calendar. There are ten courses in the Emirate, including the Montgomerie, which features an 18-hole championship course and modern practice facilities.
-Desert trips. Inland from Dubai is a spectacular desert landscape that often gets ignored by visitors but is nevertheless available for exploration via specially arranged off-road vehicle trips. An hour or so from the cityscape is Al Ain, a natural oasis with some vivid greenery preserved as a UNESCO World Heritage Site.
Weather in Dubai
Dubai apartments are set in a destination with a hot desert climate, which brings, long, hot and humid summers, and warm weather for the rest of the year. Temperatures in mid-summer rise well above 30 degrees during the day and barely drop below 30 degrees at night. Rainfall is virtually non-existent, apart from during the period from December to April, when there are a couple of rainy days each month. The coolest month is January, when daily temperatures still usually reach well above 20 degrees.
Travel to Dubai
Dubai International Airport serves the Emirate, and has connections worldwide. In recent years it’s also become an important hub for flights between Oceania and Europe. Public transport in Dubai is developing. The Dubai Metro was unveiled in late-2009 and spans more than 70 kilometres, with more than 40 different stations. There’s also a comprehensive bus network, with 193 different routes. The vast majority of journeys within the Emirate are still made by car, and the roads are known to get rather congested at peak travel hours.