26 Rue Baron de Bres, Villefranche-sur-mer
This is an exceptionally comfortable, clean, well-maintained, safe, and enjoyable property. Things I particularly enjoyed were:
1. Very easy access to the center of Villefranche, which is buzzing with activities and fun on all nights, but especially on weekends.
2. The beach is fun and a short walk from this property. It's great to go for a dip, then enjoy a glass of wine or a crepe in one of the nearby sidewalk cafes overlooking the harbor.
3. Super close to Nice, Cap Ferrat, Monaco, and other great places to spend time.
4. Modern, well-equipped kitchen.
5. Lovely evenings at the cafe playing cribbage with the property manager, Sue, who was a wonderful source of information and assistance throughout my stay.
The one thing I'd be mindful of if you're considering this property is that there are no cars permitted in this part of Villefranche. Since the city is perched on a steep hill, there are a lot of stone steps to climb if you want to get to the bus line, or if you need to "feed the meter" in the parking lot, or if you want to do much in the way of grocery shopping. This could be a very serious challenge for a handicapper or for the elderly.
The view overlooking Villefranche Harbor and the Cap Ferrat peninsula is breathtaking. This is an exceptionally friendly little village, which thrives in part due to the nearly daily arrival of cruise ships from all over the world. The winding road along the coast is world-famous for the scenery. Villefranche is easy striking distance from Italy, where there is an exceptional market in Ventimiglia, right at the border -- and a lovely medieval village called Apricale which is home to a colony of artists. We left Villefranche for two nights and headed into Provence to experience wine tastings at some spectacular Domaines in Chateauneuf-du-Pape and Cotes du Rhone. We also went to Grasse and worked with a "nose" to develop our own fragrance, which remains on file with the Molinard house of perfume. From the start to the finish this was a splendid experience.
Tourists without a Car,
Families with Teenagers,
Families with Young Children,
Helpful votes: 34/34
Did you find this review helpful?