Places to Visit: Le Crann is situated in the commune of Quistinic, host to the 16th century village of Poul Fetan, immaculately restored to show life at that time. If you want to step further back in time, outside the village of Melrand (15 minutes away) is the Village de l’an mil, a 1000 year old reconstructed medieval village.
Close by there are many historic towns and castles to visit including Hennebont, Auray, Pontivy, Vannes, Josselin, Pont Aven, Concarneau and Lorient.
Morbihan is renowned for its megalithic stones with so many special places to visit; Carnac with its 3000 standing stones a must see, but also those at Erdeven, Locmariquer, Petit Mont or even catch a boat to the island of Gavrinis.
And if that’s not enough, the region has plenty of museums, zoos and parks. Art lovers can follow the “Art in the Chapel” exhibitions throughout the summer for a tour of the Blavet River chapels.
Things to do: The commune of Quistinic and the Blavet Valley is a walkers and cyclists paradise and we have details of many published routes with walking routes leading directly from Le Crann. We have 12 bicycles free of charge for our guests to use plus 2 baby seats.
For a lazy day, take a cruise down the River Blavet, or take one of many boat trips to the off shore islands and around the beautiful inland sea of the Gulf du Morbihan, where you can stop off on some of the larger islands for lunch, a walk and even a cycle. Within easy reach (30 to 45 minutes) are the many wonderful sandy beaches of Southern Brittany or the stunning lakes of inland Brittany. Even closer less than 10 minutes away is the charming river beach at Minezan where the locals swim, picnic and relax on a hot summers day.
There is hardly a week that goes by without some festival in the region. Lorient hosts the delightful 10 day Inter- Celtique music festival and Josselin and Hennebont hold annually medieval festival. Many regattas are held at the yachting haven of Trinite-sur-Mer.
And dont forget those local markets and brocantes for fresh produce or that antique bargain.
Activities: Fishing: Brittany has some of the best fishing rivers in France, as well as something like a third of France’s coastline, giving a great variety for keen anglers. Fishing permits can be purchased for a day, two week or annual period, and will cover fishing in the whole department of Morbihan, or for an additional fee you can purchase a permit to cover all of Brittany.
Beaches: Whatever your type of beach there is a stunning choice of sandy beaches within 30 to 45 minutes, from golden sandy beaches, wild stunning stretches or sandy coves with rock pools, with a range of activities from swimming, sand-yachting, windsurfing, kite-surfing, sailing, surfing, kayaking.
Others: Adventure Park, Archery, Birdwatching, Boating, Boules, Canoeing, Clay-pigeon shooting, Cycling, Diving, Go-karting, Golf, Hiking, Horse riding, Kayaking, Nature-enthusiasts, Paint-balling, Quad biking, Rambling, Scuba Diving, Sea excursions, Shopping, Sightseeing, Swimming, Tennis, Tree-walking, Walking
To make your holiday easier, we have free of charge for all our guests:
- 8 adult and 4 childrens bicycles plus 2 babyseats
- 3 full set men's golf clubs and 1 half-set ladies/juniors golf clubs
- 4 tennis rackets plus balls
- picnic equipment: cooler boxes, thermos and sun umbrellas
- baby equipment: 4 cots, 3 highchairs, 2 baby baths, 2 potties, 2 push chairs, 1 microwave steriliser, baby monitor, 2 changing mats and 2 boxes of toddler toys. Stairgates are fitted.
- wood for heating
- Welcome Pack: Tea, Coffee, Milk & Sugar, together with a bottle of French Wine and Breton Cake to recover from your journey
- Essentials to get you started: Salt & Pepper, Toilet paper, Kitchen towel and Dustbin bags to get you started.
- Cleaning basics: Washing up Liquid, Dishclothes, Scourers, Dishwasher tablets, Hand soap, Tea towels, Firelighters, Matches, Recycling Binbags, Sanitary Disposal Bags and Cleaning products for the cottages.
- Bedding and Bed Linen are included. Towels can be provided for an additional charge. Please bring your own baby cot linen as this is not provided.
We provide the following services at very reasonable rates:
Towels: These can be provided for an additional charge of EUR8 per bale per week - a bale comprises of a bath towel, hand towel and a towel for the beach or pool - payable locally on arrival.
Final Cleaning Service: If you consider that you do not have the time or do not wish to clean the cottage before you depart, we now offer a final cleaning service for EUR50 for Fuchsia Cottage and EUR60 for Wisteria Cottage, payable locally on arrival.
Catering: A wide selection of quality meals prepared by a local chef direct to your cottage available on request. Please enquire for further information.