Photos correct Description not (August 2011)
My party and I have just returned from a 2 weeks stay at the Villa Avgusta 3 in Agia Thekla.
1. The bed sheets (one set of bed linen per bed and not two as web site states) were all well passed their best. It took five days for them to be replaced and again only one set per bed. .
2. The suite of furniture was stained, threadbare and worn – the foam stuffing was exposed on every arm. We did not use this furniture.
3. The fridge-freezer was in a very unclean state. The vegetable drawer was black and green with rotted vegetable matter. We bought a range of cleaning materials and spent the first day of our holiday cleaning.
4.Only one cooking pot, a large one ( a second, larger, pot was provided), and no tin-opener or vegetable knife,
5. The light in the downstairs WC, and outside lights did not work this matter was dealt with by disconnecting some of the outside lights, which left the front of the house in total darkness and quite hazardous when walking home at night.
6. “The downstairs shower room bathroom cabinet here has 3 mirrored doors, one of which is missing.
7. The handrail on the stairs is loose and shaky, for safety’s sake it really needs to be attended to.
8. In one of the bedroom wardrobes there were no shelves as these had fallen down and had not been fixed
9. The three ladies in our party had to queue up to use the one dressing table mirror for hair and make-up and there was no full length mirror available.
10. The garden furniture is in a very poor state indeed. Some of the garden chairs were replaced during our stay.
11. The villa has ONE parasol not two, there were No bicycles, and the sun beds were grimy and the cushions stained.
The downstairs is NOT air-conditioned
The villa is approximately 15 minutes drive and closer to one and a half hours walking to the centre of Agia Napa.
We were very glad to see that the pool itself was excellently maintained.
We are at a loss to explain how these matters have not featured in the 3 reviews which currently accompany the description of the villa.
We have contacted the owner with these complaints. But so far we have not received the promised response.
Kevin and party.
Owner's Response: This party of 60 - 70 year olds had nothing better to do on their holiday than find fault with absolutely anything and everything. In my whole 7 years of advertising and renting with holiday rentals I have never had people like this stay at the villa. Everybody else has been extremely happy with the villa and the service and management and are regulars at the villa every year.
HOWEVER in response to these claims:
1. The two sets of sheets were brand new and they are replaced every year with new ones. These people stained all the new brand new sheets and towels with fake tan and suntan lotion
2. The setees were ripped by the previous party of people and there was no time to replace them so we provided throws to cover them. They have since been replaced by brand new ones
3. The fridge was cleaned thoroughly as it is every time tennants vacate. These people lifted the drawer out of the fridge and looked underneath it right at the very back and found an insignificant bit of dirt on the underside of a drawer.
4. The kitchen is fully equipped with all the required cutlery and cooking utensils and it is all brand new
5. The whole area had a problem with the electrics outside but all is now in full working order
6.The previous tennants broke the one glass in the cabinet but has been replaced now with a new one
7.The hand rail on the stairs is cast iron and absolutely fine; not at all a safety issue
8.Fully fitted solid wood wardrobes in every bedroom like new
9.Advert does not state that there is a dressing table with mirror in every bedroom. There is only one bedroom with dressing table as the pictures clearly show
10. The sunbeds were BRAND new and cost over £100 each and the cushions are blue waterproof material as you find at the beach. NOTHING was stained or in a bad "GRIMY" condition.
11.There are two parasols; one belongs to the garden table.
The downstairs is not air conditioned ; VERY VERY FEW villas/houses have air con downstairs
and air con was NOT charged in addition to the rent as many many other villas are.
The villa is clean, airy, light and clean and the manager is very helpful and on hand at all times. He even takes tennants fruit and watermelons when he visits as a gesture of good will.
THE VILLA IS A 5 MINUTE DRIVE TO THE CENTER OF AYIA NAPA. THIS GROUP OF PEOPLE MUST HAVE BEEN DRIVING AT 5 mph IF IT TOOK THEM 15 MINUTES TO DRIVE TO AYIA NAPA!!!! AND IT IS A 30-45 MIN WALK.
OVER 7 YEARS OF RENTING 100% SATISFACTION EXCEPT ONE
Helpful votes: 2/6
Did you find this review helpful?