The Canary Islands, a Spanish territory in the Atlantic Ocean off the north-western coast of Africa, are blessed with abundant sunshine, cooling trade winds, volcanic peaks, 690 miles of coastline and beautiful beaches. We have an expansive list of villas in Lanzarote for you to choose from. Lanzarote, is a small island; just 37 miles long and 12 miles wide. With its dry, sunny climate, amazing volcanic features and fabulous beaches, it is a great year-round destination for sun seekers and water sports enthusiasts. With our range of Lanzarote apartments we try to offer a little something for everyone, so whether you like relaxing, action and adventure or luxury there should be something for you.
Things to do in Lanzarote
- Beaches in Lanzarote - The fabulous beaches of Lanzarote range from fine white sand on the north side of the island to dark volcanic sand in Puerto Del Carmen. Playa Grande, the main beach in Puerto Del Carmen, is a long beach fronting a resort, perfect for relaxing and soaking up the sun. Conversely, Playa Chica offers a variety of water sports activities including diving, snorkelling and parasailing. The gorgeous white sand Papagayo beach is located on the south side of Lanzarote near the resort where there are many Playa Blanca villas to rent. On the western and northern sides of the island, Famara and Las Cucharas are great spots for surfing and windsurfing.
- Arrecife - In Lanzarote's capital city, Arrecife, you will find a golden sand beach, El Reducto, and a variety of duty-free shopping, dining and nightlife. The Castillo de San Gabriel, a 16th century fortress overlooking Arrecife Harbor, houses an archaeological museum, which is great if you’re looking to learn a bit of history while you’re away.
- Volcanic Sites in Lanzarote – There are a number of dramatic volcanic sites on the island, including the longest volcanic tunnel in the world, the four-mile-long Tunnel de la Atlantida. Cueva de los Verdes is part of a spectacular cave system formed by underground lava flows. If you’re looking for something a little cooler then the Jameos del Agua features a subterranean lagoon, a natural concert hall with great acoustics, a restaurant and a museum. The Timanfaya National Park encompasses a stark lunar-like landscape which was created by volcanic eruptions in the 17th and 18th centuries. Attractions for guests of Lanzarote holiday rentals include camel rides across the volcanic rock, demonstrations of the hot spots in the area and meals cooked with geothermal heat in the El Diablo restaurant. Other volcanic sights for guests of Lanzarote holiday rentals include El Golfo, a volcanic crater filled with sea water tinted deep green by algae and Los Hervideros, a system of caves and blow holes.
- Outdoor Activities in Lanzarote - Visitor activities include swimming, deep-sea fishing, scuba diving, snorkelling and hiking.
- Golfing in Lanzarote - With 15 golf courses and several more under construction, the Canary Islands are becoming known as a great golfing destination.
You’re sure to find the perfect place for you from our selection of Lanzarote apartments for a memorable Canary Islands Holiday. Reserve your Lanzarote apartment or villa with pool today!